Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mathematics



Cole is learning how to add and subtract at school and he enjoys math. We've received a few happy grams stating how much he enjoys the subject. Math was always my favorite subject in school and even today, I find math plays a big role in my life and career.

Saturday at Carrabas, Cole asked me to count down his bites of dinner remaining - a simple subtraction exercise. I held up two hands, one with the pointer up, and the other with the pointer and middle finger up.

When Cole ate the first bite I lowered the lone pointer on my left hand. As he polished off bite number two, he asked me to lower the shorter finger. I told him that I could not do that and I lowered the middle finger leaving a lone index finger on my right hand. Quickly, Cole demonstrated how I could lower that index finger. He held his hand high so that I could see... I almost died laughing

2 comments:

Cherie said...

the joys of having kids never ends.:) Do they do touch point math at Cole's school?

Desiree Jewell said...

What a smarty pants!! And sometimes flipping the bird is a MUST!